Dad deserves the ultimate feast on Father’s Day! Maybe it includes a beautiful steak or a classic burger. No matter what the entrée is, we have the perfect Father’s Day dessert: 3-Layer Bacon and Beer Cake. This epic cake includes three layers of fluffy organic vanilla cake stacked with creamy Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Buttercream Frosting and bacon bits and is surrounded by a circle of crispy bacon strips. Instead of using milk with our Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Cake Mix, we added beer for a rich, nutty flavor. This beautiful layer cake includes everything dads love. Bacon? Check. Beer? Check. Organic cake and frosting? Check and check!
Because we use our Organic cake mixes and frostings, this epic cake is much easier to put together than it seems. It will take a couple hours from start to finish, but it’s so worth it for this stunner!
- Yield: 1 9-inch 3-layer cake
— 2 box Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Cake Mix
— 2 jars Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
— 6 eggs
— 1 cup butter (2 sticks), melted
— 1 can beer
— 16 strips bacon
— ½ cup brown sugar (if making candied bacon)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray 3 8-inch round cake pans with oil.
- In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, eggs, butter and beer together until combined. Divide mix evenly into the three greased cake pans and bake at 350 degrees F for 22-25 minutes. Cool completely.
- Cook bacon either on stovetop or in the oven until crispy. If cooking on a stovetop, cook the bacon on low heat for 5-7 minutes on each side and set on a paper towel to drain. If using the oven, cook at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes and set on a paper towel to drain. If you want to make candied bacon, rub brown sugar on both side of the bacon before cooking.
- Roughly chop 5 pieces of bacon and set aside.
- Frost the top of one cake layer and sprinkle some bacon bits on top. Stack another cake layer on top and frost and sprinkle bacon. Stack the third cake layer on top. Frosting the top and sides of the cake.
- Place the bacon strips all the way around the edge of the cake. Top the remaining bacon bits on the top of the cake. Enjoy!