Chewy Chocolate Cake Mix Thumbprint Cookies with Peppermint Bark Frosting
We just can’t get enough of our Organic Chocolate Cake Mix Cookie base recipe and this time we topped them off with the cutest dollop of our Limited Edition Peppermint Bark Frosting, a buttery-mint frosting with naturally-dyed peppermint bark for decorating. Let’s just chat quick about these cookies though—imagine dark chocolate, brownies, cake, candy canes and chewy sugar cookies have a baby and it’s the most perfect child in all of creation! That’s THESE cookies. Just sayin’.
If you want something extra special for your holiday party or cookie exchange, these crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside cookies should be your go-to. They are easy to bake and always a crowd-pleaser.
Still in the mood for more holiday baking ideas? Check out these Miss Jones festive recipe favorites—Thin Mint Mini Donuts, Salted Caramel Cake Balls (it’s a truffle, but also cake and it tastes like heaven) and our Sticky Toffee Cake.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 18 Cookies
- Category: Dessert
- 1 box Miss Jones Organic Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- Miss Jones Limited Edition Organic Peppermint Bark Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 F. With a hand mixer or in a stand mixer, mix together egg, butter and milk until creamy. Slowly add in Miss Jones Organic Chocolate Cake Mix until a ball of dough forms.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment. Spoon out small amounts of dough and roll between palms forming a ball Place on lined cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Pull out and press divots into the center of the cookies with the back of a measuring spoon while still hot. Set aside to cool completely.
- Open a jar of of Miss Jones Limited Edition Organic Peppermint Bark Frosting and stir with a spoon until smooth. Fill a piping bag and pipe (optional) or spoon small dollops of of frostings into the centers of the cookies.
- Sprinkle with peppermint bark topping provided.
Range of servings: make 12-18 cookies