What’s more wonderful than a rich, chocolate cake truffle?Maybe one that’s spiked with bourbon, dipped in white chocolate and dusted with a little nutmeg… right? That’s what we thought too, which is why we’ve whipped up a batch of these simple, satisfying truffles to snack on while we wait around for Santa.
The best use ever for extra cake, roll up some of these boozy bourbon balls ASAP!
Whiskey Wonderland Truffles
Eggnog-inspired chocolate cake truffles spiked with bourbon
Makes 32-34 cake truffles
For the cake truffles
½ cup melted butter or ½ cup coconut oil
1 cup milk
½ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
3 Tbsp Wild Turkey bourbon
1 box Miss Jones Organic Chocolate Cake Mix
¾ tub of Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Frosting
For the coating
1 11.5-oz bag organic white chocolate chips
2 tsp coconut oil
Ground nutmeg, for dusting
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease and flour the sides and bottom of a 9×9” baking dish.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together melted butter, eggs, milk, and cake mix until just combined. Add the nutmeg and bourbon and stir until evenly incorporated. Pour batter in prepared dish and bake for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool completely.
3. Crumble the cooled cake into a large bowl. Add the vanilla frosting to the cake crumbs and mix thoroughly with hands until combined.
4. Form the cake mixture into bite-sized balls using either a tablespoon or spring-loaded ice cream scoop and your hands. Place cake balls on parchment lined baking sheets and transfer to freezer to chill for 10 minutes.
5. While the cake balls are chilling, prepare your white chocolate sauce. Place white chocolate in a large bowl on top of a gently simmering pot of water (Tip: This is called a double broiler. Make sure water does not touch the bottom of the bowl or it could burn the chocolate). Add in coconut oil and stir gently until melted and smooth.
6. Remove cake balls from freezer. Use a two forks to gently place one cake ball at a time into melted white chocolate, rolling around until it is completely covered. Carefully, lift the cake ball out and transfer to a clean, parchment-lined baking sheet or wire rack. Repeat this step for remaining cake balls.
7. Lightly sprinkle cake balls with nutmeg and place in freezer once more so the chocolate sets. Devour.