Just when you think nothing could be better than a gooey, chocolatey brownie, enter Vegan Four-Layer Super Sexy Brownie Bars. Yes, you heard us correctly. These brownies are not only made vegan and dairy-free with flaxseed and coconut oil, but they are four layers deep with decadent goodness.
First we threw down a layer of Miss Jones Organic Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix dough, then a layer of Newman-O’s, covered with a rich layer of Miss Jones Organic Brownie Mix batter, and finally we topped it all off with Dandies Vegan Marshmallows, toasted to perfection of course. Part cookie, part brownie, s’more delicious than any dessert ever.
We loved using Dandies Marshmallows for this recipe not only because they are 100% vegan and contain only all-natural and non-GMO ingredients, but because they are so fluffy and soft, they upgrade any s’more (or brownie) recipe!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 50-60 minutes
- Total Time: 75 minutes
- Yield: 1 9-inch pan
3 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
3/8 cup softened coconut oil
1 bag Miss Jones Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
16 Newman-O’s cookies
Brownie Layer & Toasted Marshmallow Topping
1 box Miss Jones Organic Brownie Mix
3/4 cup water, divided
2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
1/4 cup softened coconut oil
1/4 cup plain or chocolate almond butter
36 Dandies Vanilla Marshmallows
1. Preheat oven to 350oF and line a 9” square pan with aluminum foil. Spray foil with cooking spray.
1. In a large bowl, mix together the water and ground flaxseed; let sit for 5 minutes. Add coconut oil and beat in with a hand-held mixer or whisk. Add cookie mix and beat on medium-low speed just until evenly incorporated, or use a spatula to mix in until a dough forms.
2. Press dough into the bottom of the prepared pan in a flat, compact layer. Arrange Newman-O’s on top in a 4×4 pattern. Place pan in refrigerator while prepping brownie layer.
Brownie Layer & Toasted Marshmallow Topping:
1. In a large bowl, mix together 3/8 cup water and ground flaxseed; let sit for 5 minutes. Add coconut oil and almond butter and whisk in until smoothly combined. Add brownie mix and fold in with a spatula just until fully incorporated.
2. Transfer batter to prepared pan on top of cookie layer and use a spatula to carefully spread into an even layer that fully covers the cookies.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 50-60 minutes, just until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with only a few moist crumbs and no wet batter.
4. Immediately arrange marshmallows on top of brownies. Adjust oven to broil and return brownies to the oven for another minute or two, just until the marshmallows puff up and turn golden-brown (watch carefully to prevent burning!)
5. Allow brownies to cool in pan for about an hour before using foil to lift from pan and transfer to a wire rack. Cool completely before slicing.
Recipe and photography by Bright Eyed Baker