We’ve teamed up with Angie’s BOOMCHICKAPOP to bring you a cinema-inspired treat to celebrate the 89th Annual Academy Awards. Whether you’re enjoying the Oscars at home in your PJ’s or heading to a fabulous party, this mix is sure to get everyone into the spirit.
And if we’re gonna make some red-carpet-worthy snacks, they’ve gotta be next-level. So we casted all of our favorite munchies and dressed them in a layer of cake batter ganache and sprinkles. BOOM! (CHICKAPOP)
This winning combination of crunchy, salty and sweet gets the award for best snack in a leading role.
- Category: Dessert, Snack
For the mix:
- 2 cups popcorn (We LOVE BOOMCHICKAPOP’s organic sea salt popcorn)
- 2 cups your favorite kind of pretzel (we used mini twists)
- 1 cup shelled pistachios
- 1 cup Trader Joe’s candy coated sunflower seeds
- 8-12 oz dark chocolate chunks
- 2 tbsp your favorite sprinkles
For the ganache:
- 12 oz white chocolate
- 2 tbsp Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Cake Mix
- Fill a pot ⅓ of the way with water and place a glass bowl on top to create a double boiler. Bring water to a boil.
- Add 12 oz. white chocolate and 3 Tbsp. Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Cake Mix to glass bowl and stir gently until chocolate is completely melted and mix is thoroughly combined.
- Combine remaining snack ingredients (including unmelted dark chocolate chunks) together in a large bowl, spreading the dry mix out evenly over a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Drizzle melted white chocolate cake batter ganache evenly over entire pan. Top with sprinkles… as many as you like, really.
- Place pan in the freezer for 5-10 minutes to harden chocolate, then break up and place finished mix in an airtight container for storage.
- Putting parchment paper down before drizzling melted chocolate makes cleanup a snap!
- This recipe makes a LOT of mix, so we suggest breaking it up into a few small airtight containers for easy storage and snacking.