We’ve teamed up with Angie’s BOOMCHICKAPOP to bring you a cinema-inspired treat to celebrate the 89th Annual Academy Awards. Whether you’re enjoying the Oscars at home in your PJ’s or heading to a fabulous party, this mix is sure to get everyone into the spirit.
And if we’re gonna make some red-carpet-worthy snacks, they’ve gotta be next-level. So we casted all of our favorite munchies and dressed them in a layer of cake batter ganache and sprinkles. BOOM! (CHICKAPOP)
This winning combination of crunchy, salty and sweet gets the award for best snack in a leading role.
For the mix
– 2 cups popcorn (We LOVE BOOMCHICKAPOP’s organic sea salt popcorn)
– 2 cups your favorite kind of pretzel (we used mini twists)
– 1 cup shelled pistachios
– 1 cup Trader Joe’s candy coated sunflower seeds
– 8-12 oz dark chocolate chunks
– 2 Tbsp your favorite sprinkles
For the ganache
– 12 oz white chocolate
– 2 Tbsp Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Cake Mix
– Putting parchment paper down before drizzling melted chocolate makes cleanup a snap!
– This recipe makes a LOT of mix, so we suggest breaking it up into a few small airtight containers for easy storage and snacking.
1. Fill a pot ⅓ of the way with water and place a glass bowl on top to create a double boiler. Bring water to a boil.
2. Add 12 oz. white chocolate and 3 Tbsp. Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Cake Mix to glass bowl and stir gently until chocolate is completely melted and mix is thoroughly combined.
3. Combine remaining snack ingredients (including unmelted dark chocolate chunks) together in a large bowl, spreading the dry mix out evenly over a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
4. Drizzle melted white chocolate cake batter ganache evenly over entire pan. Top with sprinkles… as many as you like, really.
5. Place pan in the freezer for 5-10 minutes to harden chocolate, then break up and place finished mix in an airtight container for storage.