Soft & Chewy Football Cutout Sugar Cookies
Hut, hut, HIKE! Your sports ball party just got punted some delicious fun. Use Miss Jones Organic Sugar or Confetti Pop Cookie Mix and Organic Chocolate and Vanilla frostings to make these fun, soft, and chewy football sugar cookies for your next gathering. And remember, laces out.
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 20 cookies
- Category: Dessert
- Preheat oven to 350F. In a stand mixer, mix together butter and egg until combined on medium speed. Add cookie mix and flour and mix on low speed until a ball of dough forms. Alternatively, you can make our cookie mix using a stand mixer and a large bowl or just using a bowl and spatula, but be prepared to put a little more muscle into it.
- Flour a large surface and rolling pin and roll dough out into a ¼” thick slab. Use a football cookie cutter to cut out individual cookies. Place on a cookie sheet spaced at least 1.5” apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Using a fine frosting tip and a piping bag, pipe chocolate frosting onto the sugar cookie into a even layer and smooth out with an offset spatula. Place in freezer for 15-20 min.
- Then using an extra fine frosting tip and piping bag, pipe football laces using vanilla frosting onto cookie.
- Place on a serving platter with some astro turf and go yell at the tv with all your friends! Yay sports!
Range of servings: makes 20 to 25 cookies