We’re throwing it back to one of our favorite childhood snacks, circus animal cookies! Who else loves these sprinkle-covered, pastel, sweet treats? Thanks to our Organic Sugar Cookie Mix and our Organic Confetti Pop Frosting, it’s super easy to whip up of batch of these adorable little cookies.
These cookies are delightfully chewy and soft and to top it off, they contain clean, organic, non-GMO ingredients because they’re made with Miss Jones products. If there’s any way to make circus animal cookies better, this recipe is it!
Recipe and photos by @audacious_eats
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: About 65 mini cookies
— 1 bag Miss Jones Organic Sugar Cookie Mix
— 1 egg
— 6 Tbs butter, softened
— 1 pink natural food dye
— 1 can Miss Jones Confetti Pop Frosting
1. In a large bowl, using a handheld mixer, mix together the egg and softened butter. Add the sugar cookie mix and beat until dough comes together. Roll dough into a ball, cover with plastic wrap and chill for an hour.
2. Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line two lined large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Turn out dough on a lightly floured surface. Roll out to about ¼ inch thickness.
3. Cut into shapes with mini animal cookie cutters. Re-roll the remaining dough and continue to cut out shapes until all the dough is used. Arrange cookies on the baking sheets 1-2 in apart. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until cookies are lightly golden. Cool completely.
1. Divide frosting evenly between two small bowls. Place one drop of pink food coloring into the first bowl and mix well. Leave the second bowl white.
2. Decorate half the cookies with pink frosting and half white. Top with sprinkles.