Cake batter cookies with English toffee crunch!
It’s totally cookie swap season, so we’re bringing our A-game this year with some chewy, candy-filled ,cake mix based Toffeedoodles.Thanks so some seriously melt-in-your mouth handmade toffee that we picked up from our local farmer’s market, we were able to bake up a treat with the perfect combination of sparkle and sweet. Like chocolate chip cookies—but with a MAJOR upgrade.
Take ’em to your next holiday party and you’ll leave empty-handed. Trust!
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- Yield: 18 cookies
- Category: Dessert
- ½ cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 2 eggs
- 1 box Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Cake Mix
- 2 cups English toffee chunks (English toffee bar cut up into small pieces)
For the coating:
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare two parchment lined baking sheets.
- Using an electric mixer, whip butter on medium speed until smooth and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating until fully combined. Add cake mix one cup at a time, beating until dough is thoroughly combined and thick and creamy. Fold in English toffee chunks.
- In a small bowl add ¾ cup granulated sugar. Set aside.
- Using your hands and a small ice cream scoop or a tablespoon, scoop out dough and press together to form a small ball. Roll in granulated sugar until evenly coated.
- Place cookie dough balls on prepared baking sheet and place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator and bake for 16-18 minutes, or until edges are golden brown. Wrap ‘em, swap ‘em or simply snack away!
Range of servings: makes 18-22 cookies