Salted Maple Donuts
Feelin’ salty? Say hello to your new BFF, our Donut of the Month for November: Salted Maple.
Thanks to the super simple-to-use Babycakes donut maker, you can bake up a fresh batch of better-for-you organic donuts in just a few minutes. We used Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Cake Mix and topped ’em with a 3-ingredient maple glaze and a generous pinch of flaky sea salt. Trust us, these lil guys are totally addicting… and SO easy to make!
Donut ya wanna?
- Total Time: 33 minutes
- Yield: 30 donuts
- Category: Dessert
For the donuts:
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup milk or plant-based milk
- ½ cup butter (melted)
- 1 box Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Cake Mix
For the glaze:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2-3 tbsp milk or plant-based milk
- Flaky sea salt
You’ll also need:
- Babycakes donut maker
For the donuts
- Preheat donut maker. Whisk together donut ingredients in a large bowl until smooth.
- Fill donut molds to the top with batter and close lid. Bake for 3 1/2 to 4 minutes, or until lightly golden brown. Set aside to cool completely.
For the glaze
- In a small bowl, whisk together maple syrup, powdered sugar, and milk until smooth.
- Dip tops of cooled donuts into glaze and place on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes or until glaze hardens.
- Sprinkle with sea salt flakes just before serving and enjoy!
- One side of each donuts will be golden brown, and the other side will be cake- white. We made the golden brown side the “top” side of our muffin, for easier dipping.
Range of servings: makes 30-33 donuts