Get your sparklers out and preheat the oven because it’s time for a festive 4th of July dessert! No matter how you’re celebrating Independence Day, these fruity red, white and blue berry cake parfaits will be the stars of the table.
This recipe uses two of our best-sellers, Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Cake Mix, Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Buttercream Frosting, and lots of fresh berries, which makes for easy baking, assembling and cleaning. All our mixes and frostings are vegan friendly, so any and all can enjoy this patriotic dessert. We love cake parfaits because you can customize them to your needs. All you need to start is a sheet cake! For this recipe, we used parfait glasses and drinking glasses and used the rim of the glass to cut out circles from a sheet cake, but you can also use crumbled cake to fill mason jars for a dessert on the go.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 35-45 minutes
- Total Time: 50-65 minutes
— 1 box Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Cake Mix
— 1 jars Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
— 3 eggs
— 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), melted
— 6 oz raspberries
— 6 oz blueberries
— 6 oz blackberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×13 in pan with parchment paper and spray with oil.
- In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, eggs, butter and milk together until combined. Pour batter in prepared pan and bake for 35-45 minutes. Cool completely.
- Use the rim of the glass to cut circles out of the sheet cake. Push the cake circle to the bottom of the glass. If it’s too tight, use a knife to trim a little around the edges.
- Fill piping bag with frosting. Pipe some frosting over the cake layer and add some berries. Place another cake circle on top and layer with frosting and berries. Keep layering until you reach the top of the glass.