Since fall is in full swing, we thought it might be time to sweeten up our brunch routine with some organic pumpkin cake mix pancakes.We used a blend of ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon and pumpkin to make these pancakes fluffy, dense, soft and spicy. Sprinkle a few crispy, toasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds) into your skillet to add a colorful, all-natural crunch to these cakes.
Hosting the fam for the holidays? They’ll flip for these cute little flapjacks… stack ’em up!
- Total Time: 16 minutes
- Yield: 16 pancakes
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk or plant-based milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 box Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Cake Mix
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 cup toasted pepitas (optional)
- Maple syrup
- Mix together eggs, milk and oil with a whisk until just combined, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Fold in pumpkin puree and spices and slowly add in cake mix, stirring until thoroughly combined.
- Warm up a non-stick pan or griddle over medium heat. Lightly coat heated pan or griddle with organic nonstick cooking spray. Scoop out ¼ cup of prepared batter for each pancake.
- Sprinkle 7-8 toasted pumpkin seeds into batter just before it sets on the first side and ready to flip over. Cook pancakes about 2 ½-3 minutes on each side or until edges are crisp.
- Top with honey, butter or your favorite maple syrup. Dig in!
Range of servings: makes 16-18 pancakes