Piña Colada Cookies
Are you pining for an endless ocean view, warm sunshine and golden sand beaches? Do you dream about basking in the sun during the day and sipping on a creamy piña colada in the evening? But it’s only Wednesday and the weekend, not to mention vacation, seems so far away? Try a Puerto Rican beach vacay in a sandwich cookie!
Wherever you may be, whatever you may be doing, channel those tropical beach vibes with these delish little Piña Colada Cookies Sandwiches. We modified our super easy and always yummy Organic Sugar Cookie Mix with coconut oil, dried pineapple and coconut flakes, then sandwiched them around a layer of equally decked out frosting. They’re creamy, they’re fruity, and they’re tropical-ly. Every wonderful, chewy bite takes you on an island getaway.
These little gems are perfect anytime you want to be transported to a tropical island, but they are especially great for party favors at a tropical themed party. Just use cupcake liners as cups, fill with piña colada cookies and place one by each person’s place. Or group the cups of cookies in the center of the table and let your guests grab their own. Add a little flair with tropical decorations.
Or, fill tropical-themed (hibiscus flowers are a good choice) goodie bags or boxes with cookies and hand them out to each guest to take home. Everyone loves their own personal stash of treats. So, the next time you are in the mood for an island getaway, but just can’t, y’know, actually GET away, whip up a batch of piña colada cookies and throw a party.
If you like our piña colada cookies, here are a few more recipes that can round out your tropical dessert repertoire. Try our Simple Dairy-free Coconut Sheet Cake and Key Lime Margarita Bars for the perfect tropical dessert spread.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 24 cookies
- Category: Dessert
For the cookies
- 1 package Miss Jones Organic Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1 egg
- 6 tbsp coconut oil (not melted)
- 1/4 cup dried pineapple (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 cup flaked or shredded coconut
For the frosting
- 1 jar Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Frosting
- 2 tbsp dried pineapple (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- Follow sugar cookie mix instructions. Stir in pineapple and coconut on low setting.
- Use a small scoop or hands to create small balls of dough. Roll balled dough in coconut flakes and place on cookie sheet about 2-2.5″ apart.
- Mix together frosting ingredients.
- Use a piping bag with a large round tip to pipe a dollop of frosting onto one cookie. Top with a similar sized cookie and then gently insert a mini umbrella.
Optional: Top with a mini umbrella