Happy Mother’s Day! This week we’re combining our three favorite things: Miss Jones, mimosas, and Mom! Many of us have fond memories of baking with our moms, and now’s a great time to show what you’ve learned from her this Mother’s Day. Here’s what our founder, Sarah Jones, had to say about what she learned from her mom about baking:
“My mom taught me one of the true joys in life. Despite being a medical technologist who was probably too well-versed in germs, which led to an extremely clean house (she microwaves her sponges daily) and an aversion to sushi, the one thing that bacteria and germs couldn’t damper her love for was batter. Batter in any form—and not just the sweet stuff. She, and eventually I, would eat bread dough and biscuit dough, too. She taught me not to fear salmonella from raw eggs and I am forever grateful for having been able to lick so many bowls, beaters, spoons, and spatulas since. Thank you, mom, for letting me enjoy one of the true pleasures in life and feeding and encouraging my creativity in the kitchen.”
So go ahead, bake what your mama gave ya!
Makes 18 Mimosa Cupcakes
1 box of Miss Jones Vanilla Cake Mix
½ cup prosecco or champagne
1 tablespoon orange juice
1/4 cup orange zest (zest about 1 large navel orange)
½ cup butter melted
1 jar of Miss Jones Vanilla Frosting
Mandarin oranges (optional garnish)
1. Heat oven to 350F. Prepare muffin tin with cupcake liners.
2. Combine eggs, butter, prosecco, orange juice, about ½ of your orange zest, and cake mix in a large bowl, mixing until smooth.
3. Fill cupcake liners ½ way. Bake as directed on box.
4. Remove pan from oven and let cool completely.
5. Frost and garnish as desired with orange zest and mandarin slices.