Even Queen Bey herself would go crazy in love over these Lemonade Donuts. With Memorial Day weekend coming up, lay claim to the dessert table at your BBQ with these sweet little guys for an easy summer win. So pretty and so poppable. Top them off with some sweet candied lemon twists for that extra wow factor.
- Prep Time: 16 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 30 donuts
- Category: Dessert
For the donuts:
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk or plant-based milk
- 1/2 cup oil or butter (melted)
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 box Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Cake Mix
For the glaze:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 tbsp lemon juice
- Optional: candied lemon zest for garnish
What you’ll need:
- Donut maker
- Whisk together eggs, milk, melted butter, lemon zest and juice, and cake mix in a large bowl until smooth.
- Preheat donut maker. Fill molds to the top with donut batter and close lid. Bake for 3 1/2-4 minutes, or until donuts are golden brown. Use a small spatula or fork to remove finished donuts from the donut maker, and set on a plate or rack to cool.
- In a small bowl, add in powdered sugar, lemon juice and zest. Stir until fully combined.
- Dip cooled donuts into icing. Sprinkle with candied lemon peel and place on a sheet pan or rack to harden.
Range of servings: makes 30-33 donuts
Pro tips: one side of each donuts will be golden brown, and the other side will be cake- white. We made the golden brown side the “top” side of our muffin, for easier dipping.