Hummingbird Cake Batter Pancakes
Shorter, cooler days call for warm comfort foods, especially for breakfast. What better way to warm up to a new season than with these Hummingbird Cake Batter Pancakes made Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Cake Mix? They’re really fast and easy to make, but still feel super special. We’re sure they’ll be a hit at your breakfast or brunch table this fall.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 16 pancakes
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert
- 1 box Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup mashed bananas (about 1 small, plus sliced bananas, for serving)
- 1/2 cup drained crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup milk or almond milk
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup cups pecans (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Banana slices
- Whole pecans
- Maple syrup
- Mix together mashed banana, pineapple, milk, oil and eggs with a whisk until just combined, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add in the cake mix and cinnamon and whisk until thoroughly mixed together. Add in pecans and stir until combined.
- Warm up a non-stick pan or griddle over medium-heat. Lightly coat heated pan or griddle with organic nonstick cooking spray. Scoop out ¼ cup of prepared batter for each pancake. Cook pancakes about 2 ½ -3 minutes per side.
- Serve with butter, banana slices, whole pecans and maple syrup!
Range of servings: makes 16-18 pancakes
Let us know if you try any of our recipes or products by tagging @missjonesbakes on Instagram with #betterwithmissjones!