Hot Cocoa Mug Cake
Looking for a simple, cozy, chocolatey treat for one? All you need is a mug, a microwave and some Miss Jones to make our decadent Hot Cocoa Cake.
This all-organic one-mug wonder is made with our delicious Organic Chocolate Cake Mix, filled with spicy, melted DAGOBA Xocolatl dark chocolate—topped with handmade marshmallows and a dusting of DAGOBA Xocolatl drinking chocolate.
The result is a rich, spicy, molten chocolate cake that’s ready in seconds—and don’t worry, you don’t have to share.
Unless you reeeeally want to.
- Yield: 1 serving
- Category: Dessert
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- ¾ cup Miss Jones Organic Chocolate Cake Mix
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp crushed DAGOBA Xocolatl dark chocolate
- 1-2 large fancy marshmallows
- 1 tsp DAGOBA Xocolatl drinking chocolate (for topping)
What you need:
- 12 oz. coffee mug
- Grab your favorite microwave-safe 12 oz. coffee mug and lightly spray with organic nonstick cooking spray.
- Melt coconut oil in a small bowl. Add in cake mix and water and stir until fully combined.
- Add cake batter to the prepared coffee mug and place in microwave on high for 30-35 seconds.
- Place crushed DAGOBA chocolate on top of cake. Place marshmallows on top of chocolate and place back in the microwave. Cook for another 20-25 seconds, until the cake is set, the chocolate has melted, and the marshmallows have slightly puffed and melted.
- Dust with drinking chocolate and dig in!
Pro tip: Place extra cake mix in an airtight container and store in a cool, dark space for your next snack attack.