Looking for a simple, cozy, chocolatey treat for one? All you need is a mug, a microwave and some Miss Jones to make our decadent Hot Cocoa Cake.
This all-organic one-mug wonder is made with our delicious Organic Chocolate Cake Mix, filled with spicy, melted DAGOBA Xocolatl dark chocolate—topped with handmade marshmallows and a dusting of DAGOBA Xocolatl drinking chocolate.
The result is a rich, spicy, molten chocolate cake that’s ready in seconds—and don’t worry, you don’t have to share.
Unless you reeeeally want to.
Hot Cocoa Mug Cake
Makes just enough for one!
1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
¾ cup Miss Jones Organic Chocolate Cake Mix
¼ cup water
2 tablespoons crushed DAGOBA Xocolatl dark chocolate
1-2 large (fancy) marshmallows
1 tsp DAGOBA Xocolatl drinking chocolate, for topping
What you need:
12 oz. coffee mug
– Place extra cake mix in an airtight container and store in a cool, dark space for your next snack attack.
1. Grab your favorite microwave-safe 12 oz. coffee mug and lightly spray with organic nonstick cooking spray.
2. Melt coconut oil in a small bowl. Add in cake mix and water and stir until fully combined.
3. Add cake batter to the prepared coffee mug and place in microwave on high for 30-35 seconds.
4. Place crushed DAGOBA chocolate on top of cake. Place marshmallows on top of chocolate and place back in the microwave. Cook for another 20-25 seconds, until the cake is set, the chocolate has melted, and the marshmallows have slightly puffed and melted.
5. Dust with drinking chocolate and dig in!