There is no such thing as too many Christmas cookies, and we have a special spot in our hearts for traditional Linzer Cookies. Lightly sweet and tender, these delicate little sandwich cookies are filled with a tangy jam and dusted with powdered sugar. They’re so perfectly festive, we could not let the holiday season go by without making a batch with our Organic Sugar Cookie Mix.
These cookies look so beautiful and impressive, but are actually very simple to make, especially with our Organic Sugar Mix. When there’s no need for measuring, there’s more time for the fun part: rolling, cutting and assembling!
Recipes and photos by @bakersmedley
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 11-12 minutes
- Total Time: 41-42 minutes
- Yield: 20 cookies
— 1 bag Miss Jones Organic Sugar Mix
— ¼ cup flour
— 6 tablespoons softened butter
— 1 egg
— Powdered sugar for dusting
— Linzer cookie cutters
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl, using a hand held mixer, whisk together the butter and egg. Beat in the sugar cookie mix and mix for 5 minutes. It will be crumbly, so form into a ball using your hands.
- Roll out dough to ¼ inch thick on a floured surface. Cut dough using a 2 inch round or a fluted cookie cutter. Repeat process until all the dough is used. Cut small shapes into the center of half of the cookies.
- Arrange the cookies 2 inches apart on a baking pan lined with parchment paper. Bake cookies at 350F for 11-12 minutes until golden on top. Remove and let cool.
- Using a fine mesh sieve, sprinkle powdered sugar on the tops of cookies with shapes cut out. Assemble cookies. Spread about 1 tsp. of jam on the flat surface of the cookies without shapes, top with a shape cookie. Repeat process with the rest of the cookies. Enjoy!