Happy Trail Mix Cookie Bites
It’s time to hit the trail and these trail mix cookie bites are the perfect companion. Just take our already easy and delicious Miss Jones Organic Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix and load it up with some hearty favorites and you’ve got a snack that pulls its weight when backpacking and camping hunger strike. Also makes a great grab-and-go breakfast. Happy trails!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 23 minutes
- Yield: 24 mini muffin cookies
- Category: Dessert, Snack
- 4 tbsp coconut oil (soft solid not melted)
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 2 eggs or flax egg*
- 1 package Miss Jones Organic Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare one mini muffin tin. Lightly grease.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the coconut oil on medium speed until smooth and egg or flax egg. Add cookie mix in batches, stirring until dough is thoroughly combined. Gently fold in remaining ingredients until fully incorporated.
- Using your hands and a small ice cream scoop or a tablespoon measure, scoop out dough and press together to form a small ball. Place cookie dough balls in prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 8 minutes, or until edges are golden brown. Let cool slightly. Remove cookie bites from muffin tin and transfer to wire rack to finish cooling.
*Vegan egg replacer: Combine 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal and 3 tablespoons water for each egg needed. Let sit for 5 minutes before adding to your recipe.