Guinness Glazed Chocolate Donuts
Getting ready for St. Patty’s Day? We sure are at Miss Jones HQ. We’ve been getting our green on with plenty of matcha, but now it’s time to mix it up with the other quintessential St. Patty’s day treat, Guinness. We take our chocolate cake mix, spike it with a little Guinness and top it with a vanilla Guinness glaze that will have everyone asking for another round these Guinness Chocolate Donuts. Bake on!
- Total Time: 32 minutes
- Yield: 36 mini donuts
- Category: Dessert
For the donuts:
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk or plant-based milk
- 1/2 cup Guinness beer
- 1/2 cup melted butter or oil
- 1 box Miss Jones Organic Chocolate Cake Mix
For the glaze:
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp Guinness
- 1/4 cup chopped dark chocolate
What you’ll need:
- Donut maker
- Whisk together eggs, milk, beer, butter, and cake mix in a large bowl until smooth.
- Preheat donut maker. Fill molds to the top with donut batter and close lid. Bake for 3 1/2-4 minutes, or until donuts are golden brown. Use a small spatula or fork to remove finished donuts from the donut maker, and set on a plate or rack to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, milk, vanilla and Guinness.
- Dip cooled donuts into Guinness glaze. Garnish immediately with chopped dark chocolate.
- Place on sheet pan or wire rack until glaze sets and hardens.
Pro tip: One side of each donut will be golden brown, and the other side will be cake- white. We made the golden brown side the “top” side of our muffin, for easier dipping.