Ginger Oatmeal Drop Cookies
Freshly baked oatmeal cookies are arguably one of THE BEST after-school snacks of all time. And even though the semester’s almost over, you can still whip up a batch of these crispy, chewy, lightly spiced cookies for the whole crew. Who needs extra credit when your oatmeal cookie game is A+?
- Total Time: 12 minutes
- Yield: 24 medium-sized cookies
- Category: Dessert, Snack
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Use a small scoop or hands to create small balls of dough and place on cookie sheet about 2-2.5″ apart.
- Use a stand mixer, hand mixer, or just a spatula and your own strength, combine butter, eggs, oatmeal, ginger, and cake mix in a bowl until well combined, then stir in chopped ginger. Dough will be fairly thick.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until edges of cookies are golden brown and crisp.
- You can make this recipe vegan-friendly with coconut oil and flax eggs.
- We scooped our cookie dough with a large tablespoon, but using a small ice cream scoop is also recommended to keep things consistent.