Easy Holiday Eggnog Mini Donuts
We sure do love our “hole” foods over here at Miss Jones. We also know how to bake up something fun and nothing is more fun and poppable than mini cake donuts. With holiday nostalgia in the air and eggnog making it’s seasonal appearance in stores, this recipe for Easy Holiday Eggnog Mini Donuts, made with all natural, organic ingredients, was a must.
If you are looking for a unique treat to bring to your holiday parties or on your visiting rounds, these are even better than cookies and you don’t even need to turn on the oven to make them if you’ve got the super handy BabyCakes mini donut maker (a must have for bakers!) People will be delighted to see bite-sized donuts amidst all the usual cookie suspects.
Holiday sweet tooth got you inspired? Check out some of our other simple and unique holiday baking recipes. For your favorite bourbon booze hounds, whip up some of these beautiful Whiskey Wonderland Truffles. They won’t mind chasing those with a super chewy Toffeedoodle—Sarah Jones’ next-level version of a snickerdoodle. And don’t forget that our Peppermint Bark Frosting is only around for a limited time. Pair it up with our Organic Fudgy Brownie Mix for the winning combo of the season—Peppermint Bark Frosted Brownies.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 18 Donuts
- Category: Dessert
For the Donuts
- 1 box Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Cake Mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup milk or plant-based milk
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
For The Glaze
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp eggnog or milk
- Fresh nutmeg
- Whisk together eggs, milk, butter, and Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Cake Mix in a large bowl until smooth.
- Preheat donut maker. Fill molds to the top with donut batter and close lid.
- Bake for 3 1/2-4 minutes, or until donuts are golden brown. Use a small spatula or fork to remove finished donuts from the donut maker, and set on a plate or rack to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, vanilla and eggnog.
- Dip cooled donuts into glaze. Dust with nutmeg. Place on sheet pan or wire rack until glaze sets.
Range of servings: makes 18-24 donuts