Dirty Chai Mini Donuts
Looking for something sweet with a little extra kick for your morning routine? These Dirty Chai Donuts made with Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Cake Mix are sure to do the trick. Use pre-made Chai mix or make your own with or custom blend below. And if you don’t have a donut maker, just make normal mini cupcakes without the cupcake liner and then role in the dirty chai sugar for a donut hole!
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 36 mini donuts
- Category: Dessert
For the donuts:
- 1/2 cup milk (plant-based milk, or water)
- 1/2 cup oil or butter (melted)
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp instant chai spice (or 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon cardamom, and 1/4 teaspoon ginger)
- 1 box Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Cake Mix
For the dirty chai sugar:
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp instant chai mix (or 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon cardamom, and 1/4 teaspoon ginger)
- 1 tsp instant espresso granules
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
What you’ll need:
- Donut maker
- 1.Preheat donut maker (or, if using a mini muffin pan instead of a donut maker, preheat oven). Whisk together milk, butter, eggs, chai mix, and Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Cake Mix in a large bowl until smooth.
- Fill donut molds to the top with donut batter and close lid. Bake for 3 1/2-4 minutes, or until donuts are golden brown.
- Use a small spatula or fork to remove finished donuts from the donut maker, and set on a plate or rack to cool. (If using a mini muffin pan, bake according to mini cupcake directions on back of box)
- In a small bowl, stir together sugar, chai spice, and espresso until combined.
- Dip cooled donuts into melted coconut oil, then roll in dirty chai mixture until evenly coated on all sides. Serve immediately with a cappuccino!
- One side of each donut will be golden brown, and the other side will be cake- white. We made the golden brown side the “top” side of our muffin, for easier dipping.
- Don’t have a donut maker? Make this into mini donut holes use a mini muffin or cupcake pan!