Looking for something sweet with a little extra kick for your morning routine? These Dirty Chai Donuts made with Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Cake Mix are sure to do the trick. Use pre-made Chai mix or make your own with or custom blend below. And if you don’t have a donut maker, just make normal mini cupcakes without the cupcake liner and then role in the dirty chai sugar for a donut hole!
Dirty Chai Mini Donuts
Chai tea infused donuts coated in espresso-chai sugar
Makes 36 mini donuts
For the donuts
– ½ cup milk, plant-based milk, or water
– ½ cup oil or butter, melted
– 3 eggs
– 2 teaspoons instant chai spice (or 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon cardamom, and 1/4 teaspoon ginger)
– 1 box Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Cake Mix
For the dirty chai sugar
– 1 cup sugar
– 2 teaspoons instant chai mix (or 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon cardamom, and 1/4 teaspoon ginger)
– 1 teaspoon instant espresso granules
– ½ cup coconut oil, melted
What you’ll need:
– Donut maker
– One side of each donut will be golden brown, and the other side will be cake- white. We made the golden brown side the “top” side of our muffin, for easier dipping.
– Don’t have a donut maker? Make this into mini donut holes use a mini muffin or cupcake pan! See instructions below.
1.Preheat donut maker (or, if using a mini muffin pan instead of a donut maker, preheat oven). Whisk together milk, butter, eggs, chai mix, and Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Cake Mix in a large bowl until smooth.
2. Fill donut molds to the top with donut batter and close lid. Bake for 3 1/2-4 minutes, or until donuts are golden brown. Use a small spatula or fork to remove finished donuts from the donut maker, and set on a plate or rack to cool. (If using a mini muffin pan, bake according to mini cupcake directions on back of box)
3. In a small bowl, stir together sugar, chai spice, and espresso until combined.
4. Dip cooled donuts into melted coconut oil, then roll in dirty chai mixture until evenly coated on all sides. Serve immediately with a cappuccino!