Confetti Pop Puppy Chow Snack Mix
Trick or treat?! Ok we’ll actually spare you the tricks here, but read on for a new sweet and salty treat that’s perfect for the Halloween and fall festivities! The recipe gurus at Miss Jones Baking Co. have created an easy, fool-proof puppy chow snack mix recipe that’s sure to be a spooktacular favorite this season! We captured our favorite scary movie night snacks and mixed up something to die for — moohooo ha ha ha! Confetti Pop Cookie Mix Puppy Chow combines your childhood love for muddy buddies with a wicked new twist — No artificial flavors or colors, no hydrogenated oils or trans fats, just a scary tasty nosh made with ingredients you’d find in your cupboard at home!
This puppy chow snack mix will keep you screaming for more. We smothered crisp rice cereal with organic chocolate coconut peanut butter and melted chocolate chips and mixed in pretzels, almonds, peanuts, Angie’s BOOMCHICKAPOP all-natural sea salt popcorn and colorful dark chocolate jewels from Little Secrets. You’ll think we’re tricking you that there’s no fake stuff, but it’s true. To shake things up, this snack mix is coated in Miss Jones Organic Confetti Pop Cookie Mix, complete with non-GMO sprinkles made naturally colorful with plant-based dyes derived from fruits, vegetables and spices.
And if you like this colorful mix, you’ll really love our Trill Mix and our no-bake Confetti Pop Cookie Dough Bites — we’ll be inviting them to the party. Plus keep your Halloween soiree attendees on their toes with these Spooky Secret Cupcakes, complete with a hidden chamber of colorful dark chocolate candies!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 10 servings
- Category: Dessert, Snack
- 1 bag of Miss Jones Organic Confetti Pop Cookie Mix (or any Miss Jone Baking Mix)
- 9 cups rice cereal
- 1 cup peanut butter (we loved using Wild Friends Chocolate Coconut Peanut Butter)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup Peanuts
- ½ cup almonds
- 1 cup Pretzels
- ½ Little Secrets Candies
- 2 cups Sea Salt BOOMCHICKAPOP
- Place 9 cups of rice cereal, peanuts, almonds and pretzels in an extra large mixing bowl. Place chocolate chips and peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl and melt about 20-30 secs and stirring and reheating until smooth and fully melted. Do not burn chocolate by heating too long in microwave.
- Add to the dry mixture.
- Mix gently with a spatula until everything is coated evenly.
- In an extra large ziplock bag, add Miss Jones Organic Confetti Pop Cookie Mix and then the wet cereal mixture. Close bag and toss ingredients until everything is coated evenly with the cookie mix. Open bag, add in candies, close bag and toss again.
- Put it in a large bowl and serve! Snack attack!
Range of servings from this recipe: 10-20 servings