Coconut Caramel Brownie Cookies
It’s everyone’s favorite time of year again! And no, we’re not talking about Christmas. We’re talking about Girl Scout Cookie time! We were so inspired by these little cookies that we wanted to see if we could put our own spin on them using our organic baking mixes. We used our Organic Brownie Mix to create Coconut Caramel Brownie Cookies (aka Samoas). They’re cripsy, chewy, and super coconut-y, just like the original. Bake up some today and make everyone around you smile!
- Total Time: 18 minutes
- Yield: 16 cookies
- Category: Dessert
For the cookies
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 box Miss Jones Organic Brownie Mix
For the coconut filling
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 jar store bought caramel sauce
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1 12-oz. bag dark chocolate chips
For the cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350F. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, and water. Add in the Miss Jones Organic Brownie Mix and stir to combine with a spatula (dough will be thick).
- Use a mini spring-loaded ice cream scoop or a spoon to portion out tablespoon-size cookies on prepared baking sheet. Place in refrigerator to chill for 10 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator and roll brownie cookie dough into a ball with your hands. Repeat with remaining dough. Using your thumb, firmly press down on each ball making a deep indent.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, or until cookies are soft in the middle and crispy on around the edges. Remove to wire rack and let cool completely.
For the coconut filling:
- Spread the shredded coconut flakes onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake the coconut in a 350F oven until lightly toasted, about 7-8 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, warm the caramel sauce. Add in the coconut oil. Remove from heat and stir in the toasted coconut.
- Working quickly and carefully, place a spoonful of the coconut-caramel mixture into the center of the cookies. Let the cool completely.
- Place the dark chocolate chips in a double boiler over simmering water until fully melted.
- Carefully drizzle the melted chocolate over top of the cookies. Let cool completely.
Range of servings: makes 16-18 cookies