Chocolate Chip Brownie Skillet
Decisions are hard. And choosing between brownies or cookies is basically an impossible task, so we made an executive decision to bake up a treat with a little something for everyone. Say hey to the Chocolate Chip Brownie Skillet: half organic brownie, half organic sea salt chocolate chip cookie and 100% amazing.Make sure to grab a scoop from this skillet when it’s fresh out of the oven, ‘cause the fudgey brownie, melted chocolate chips and crisp, chewy cookie crust is even better served piping hot… with a scoop of ice cream slowly melting on top.
BRB baking another one RIGHT NOW.
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 14 servings
- Category: Dessert
For the brownies:
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter or oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 box Miss Jones Organic Brownie Mix
For the cookie:
- 1 egg
- 5½ tbsp softened butter
- 1 bag Miss Jones Organic Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
What you’ll need:
- 1 10-12” cast iron skillet
- Rolling pin or bottle to roll out cookie dough
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a wooden spoon or the paddle attachment on your stand mixer, combine egg, butter, water and cookie mix. Roll finished cookie dough into a large ball, wrap tightly and place in the fridge for 30-60 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine egg, butter, water and brownie mix. Pour mix into lightly greased skillet and bake for 22 minutes.
- Remove brownies from the oven and set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll cookie dough out into a skillet-sized disk (approximately 1/4 inch thick) and center it on top of the brownie layer. Bake for another 15-20 minutes or until cookie layer is golden brown and crispy.
- Serve a scoop of this skillet while it’s still hot! Add a scoop of ice cream and grab a spoon for a next-level treat.
- Melting a little butter into your cast iron pan will help to season it for brownie-baking.
- Do not attempt to make this recipe on a stove top! Ovens only, folks.
Range of servings : makes 14-16 servings