Chocolate Almond Butter Swirl Cookies
We’re going nuts over these Chocolate Almond Butter Swirl Cookies! The cake mix makes them both chewy and a little bit fluffy, with a nice crunch from the toasted almonds. They are heartier thanks to almond butter and oats, so we think they make an excellent breakfast cookie. Who doesn’t love cookies for breakfast? You can use whatever brand of almond butter you’d like, but we personally love using Wild Friends almond butter for this recipe.
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 8 minutes
- Yield: 24 cookies
- Category: Dessert
- 12 tbsp softened butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 eggs (slightly beaten)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 box Miss Jones Organic Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 cup rolled oats (not quick cooking )
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup of coarsely chopped almonds (slightly toasted brings out the flavor, divided)
- 1 cup almond butter
- Preheat oven to 350F. Using a hand mixer, combine butter, water eggs and vanilla. Add in cake mix, oats, chocolate chips, and 1/2 cup of almonds and stir to combine.
- Add almond butter by spoonfuls around the bowl and stir slightly leaving streaks of almond butter.
- Use a small scoop to place about 1 tbsp of batter on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Use the remaining 1/2 cup of almonds to sprinkle on the top. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Let cool for several minutes before removing from cookie sheet.