Now y’all know we have a serious sweet tooth over here at Miss Jones Baking Co., BUT we also understand that not everybody does, and when we bake we don’t discriminate. We want to make treats that EVERYONE is going to love, so it’s good to have some tricks up your sleeve for those cake and frosting haters. That’s why we whipped up this Chocolate Almond Butter Bundt Cake. It’s got a super rich but not sweet chocolate taste, which is tempered by one of our favorite snacks – almond butter. We top it with an almond butter glaze which gives the cake a nice textural component and makes it even more moist. We can wait to hear how you like it!
Chocolate Almond Butter Bundt Cake
Organic chocolate cake mixed with Justin’s almond butter and topped with a Justin’s almond butter frosting
Makes one 10-cup bundt cake
For the cake
– ½ cup coconut oil, melted
– 3 eggs
– 1 cup almond milk
– ½ cup Justin’s almond butter
– 1 box Miss Jones Organic Chocolate Cake Mix
For the frosting
– 2 cups powdered sugar
– ¼ cup Justin’s almond butter
– 1 tablespoon coconut oil
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– Optional: chopped Justin’s almond butter cups or chocolate crumbles or shavings
For the cake
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease and flour the sides and bottom of a bundt pan.
2. Whisk together eggs, coconut oil, almond milk, almond butter, and cake mix until fully incorporated, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
3. Pour batter in prepared bundt pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool for 30 minutes. Turn out cake onto a wire rack and let cool completely.
For the glaze
Add powdered sugar, almond butter, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Stir until smooth. Pour over cake and top with chopped almond butter cups or dark chocolate shavings.