Nostalgia is calling with a turned-up version of mom’s peanut butter cookies. We’ve got a solid history of finding better ways to bake our already delicious cookie mixes and you know we love some creative cookie sandwich action. Now that ice cream weather is on its way out, we’re wanting a cozier sammy solution and what’s more comforting than PB&J? Add our homemade-tasting, creamy, no artificial flavor frosting to the equation and you’ve just gone to fresh-baked heaven.
These soft, chewy Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookie Sandwiches are the perfect modern fusion of two comfort food classics. We took our Miss Jones Organic Sugar Cookie Mix and Organic Vanilla Buttercream Frostings to the next level with a healthy dose of crunchy and creamy peanut butter and a dollop of jam to make these soft and chewy PB&J sugar cookie delights. They make the perfect afternoon snack (or first thing in the morning—you know how we roll).
And if you want more ways to take our organic cookie mixes to the next level we highly recommend trying our Vegan, No-Bake Confetti Pop Cookie Dough Bites, our founder’s recipe for a toffee-filled spin on the classic snickerdoodle , or a cooler-weather fave of ours, the Chocolate Chip Brownie Skillet!
PB&J Sandwich Cookies
Makes 38 sandwich cookies
Peanut Butter Cookies
– 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
– 2 eggs
– 1 cup creamy peanut butter
– 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
– 2 bags Miss Jones Organic Sugar Cookie Mix
– 1/2 jar Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Frosting
– 6 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
– 3/4 cup grape jelly
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. In the bowl of a stand mixer, or using a large bowl and handheld electric mixer, beat together the butter and eggs on medium-low speed. Add the peanut butter and beat in until smooth and creamy. Add Miss Jones Organic Sugar Cookie Mix and beat in on medium speed just the dough starts to come together (it will be crumbly).
2. Using a small cookie scoop or spoon, portion and roll about one tablespoon of dough into a ball and place on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough, placing 20 cookies on each sheet. Use a fork to make a crosshatch indentation in each cookie, flattening the cookies into discs as you do so.
2. Bake cookies in preheated oven for 9-11 minutes. Cookies will be puffy right out of the oven and flatten just slightly as they cool. Cool completely before filling.
3. In a medium bowl, using a handheld electric mixer or whisk, beat together Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Frosting and peanut butter until smoothly combined. Spread a small dollop of frosting (about 1 teaspoon) on half the cookies, and a small dollop of grape jelly (about 1 teaspoon) on the other half. Sandwich together.