Chewy Chocolate Cake Mix Thumbprint Cookies
You’ll be dying over these very scary Chewy Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies made with Miss Jones Organic Chocolate Cake Mix and our vegan Organic Cream Cheese Frosting. These are the chewiest, most chocolatey cookies of all the internet. And they have the cutest little frosting-filled dimples.
At Miss Jones Baking Co., our baking pros have created an easy, fool-proof cookie recipe that’s sure to be a screamin’ hit at your Halloween parties! We’ve combined our favorite Organic Chocolate Cake Mix and love for scary movie night candies into one bite size snack!
No artificial ingredients, flavors or colors, no hydrogenated oils or trans fats, just a frighteningly tasty cookie made with ingredients from your pantry. No tricks here, our Organic Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting is dairy-free, yet tangy and totally delicious. Whipped to perfection, this sweet and creamy, vegan-friendly frosting tastes like it was made from scratch… except it’s ready-to-eat right out of the jar! What a treat!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings
- Category: Dessert
For the cookies
- 1 box Miss Jones Organic Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 3 tbsp milk
For the topping
- Miss Jones Organic Cream Cheese Frosting
- Little Secrets Candies
- Candy Corn or other candy of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350 F. With a hand mixer or in a stand mixer, mix together egg, butter and milk until creamy. Slowly add in Miss Jones Organic Chocolate Cake Mix until a ball of dough forms.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment. Spoon out small amounts of dough and roll between palms forming a ball Place on lined cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Pull out and press divots into the center of the cookies with the back of a measuring spoon while still hot. Set aside to cool completely.
- Open a jar of of Miss Jones Organic Cream Cheese Frosting and stir with a spoon until smooth. Fill a piping bag and pipe or spoon small dollops of of frostings into the centers of the cookies.
- Then sprinkle with crushed up Little Secrets Candies or place a candy corn, mini peanut butter cup or other candies on top.
- Enjoy them with your ghouls!
Range of servings: makes 12 to 18 servings