Easter is on it’s way and nothing makes the Easter bunny happier than homemade carrot cake. But we decided to take it up another notch – we made everyone’s favorite dessert into a delicious bark, which is PERFECT for a snack on the go. Plus, it’s vegan, organic, and 100% delicious. Bake some up for your friends, and they’ll be hopping around with joy.
Carrot Cake Bark
Makes 24 Carrot Cake Bark bites
– 1 box Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Cake
– ¾ cup refined coconut oil, melted
– ½ cup water
– 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
– 1 teaspoon ground ginger
– ½ cup chopped walnuts
– ½ cup currants or raisins
– 1 cup shredded carrots, store-bought or hand-grated
– 1 tub Miss Jones Cream Cheese Frosting
1. Heat oven to 350ºF. Prepare a baking sheet and line with a sheet of parchment paper.
2. In a bowl or a stand mixer, add the coconut oil and water until combined. Add spices. Slowly add cake mix until smooth and fully incorporated. Gently fold in walnuts, currants, and carrots until combined.
3. Pour carrot cake batter in prepared baking sheet and using a spatula, spread evenly into a very thin layer. Chill in refrigerator for 10 minutes.
4. Once chilled, bake for 30-35 minutes.
5. Remove pan from oven and let cool completely.
6. Once cooled, cut or break into bite-sized bark bites. Dip into Miss Jones Cream Cheese Frosting.