Carrot Cake Batter Bark
Easter is on it’s way and nothing makes the Easter bunny happier than homemade carrot cake. But we decided to take it up another notch – we made everyone’s favorite dessert into a delicious bark, which is PERFECT for a snack on the go. Plus, it’s vegan, organic, and 100% delicious. Bake some up for your friends, and they’ll be hopping around with joy.
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 24 Bark Bites
- Category: Dessert, Snack
- 1 box Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Cake
- 3/4 cup refined coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped raisins or dates
- 1 cup shredded carrots (store-bought or hand-grated)
- Optional: Make it tropical by adding in 1/4 cup chopped dried bananas, coconut flakes, and/or pineapple
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Prepare a baking sheet and line with a sheet of parchment paper.
- In a bowl or a stand mixer, add the coconut oil and water until combined. Add spices. Slowly add cake mix until smooth and fully incorporated. Gently fold in walnuts, raisins, and carrots until combined.
- Pour carrot cake batter in prepared baking sheet and using a spatula, spread evenly into a very thin layer. Chill in refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Once chilled, bake for 35-40 minutes. Edges will start to turn brown but the bark will still feel soft to the touch (it will firm up very quickly after you pull it out of the oven).
- Remove pan from oven and let cool completely. Once cooled, cut or break into bite-sized bark bites.
- Dip into Miss Jones Cream Cheese Frosting.