Campfire Smores Brownies
Three-day weekends are basically the best thing ever, and while we’re packing up to hit the trail… we decided to bake up s’more treats. Oh yeah, that’s right. Smores Brownies. Loaded with dark chocolate, crispy graham cracker chunks and perfectly toasted marshmallows, these brownies are almost as good as sitting around a campfire and toasting up the real thing. YUM!
Because who wants to wait until you get to the campsite to chow down?
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 16 brownies
- Category: Dessert
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 box Miss Jones Organic Brownie Mix
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks (or a mix of dark chocolate chunks and mini white chocolate chips)
- 1 cup graham crackers
- 1 cup mini marshmallows (we like Dandee’s natural marshmallows)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×9 or 8×8-inch square pan and line with a sheet of parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, and water. Add Miss Jones Organic Brownie Mix and stir to combine with a spatula.
- Pour brownie batter in prepared baking pan. Sprinkle ½ cup chocolate chips or chunks in an even layer over batter. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven. Working quickly and carefully, add graham crackers and mini marshmallows in an even layer.
- Place pan back in oven and continue baking for another 10-12 minutes until brownies are cooked through and marshmallows are nicely toasted.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely. Cut into desired pieces and enjoy!
- These brownies will be pretty messy if you cut into them while they’re hot. To get a perfect portion (with all of the melty goodness of a s’more), cut brownies when cool and warm them up right before serving.
- Grease your pan and then line with parchment for easy removal after baking!