This is by far one of our favorite recipes to date. Not only is our “nice cream” dairy-free, vegan and a lot better for you than traditional ice cream, but it tastes absolutely dreamy and is so simple to make. Plus you know those brown bananas you hate to get rid of? Now you have a great, guilt-free way of using them!
Chocolate Cake Batter Nice Cream
Makes 6 servings of ice cream
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
– ½ cup Miss Jones Organic Chocolate Cake Mix
– 6 large, over-ripened bananas cut into chunks and frozen
– ½ cup peanut butter
– Peanuts (optional garnish)
– Dark chocolate shavings (optional garnish)
– Banana chips (optional garnish)
1. Take about 6-8 large, very ripe bananas and cut or break into chunks and place in a large freezer bag and freeze for at least 4 hours. Place frozen bananas in a blender (you need a pretty powerful blender. We used a Kitchen Aid Diamond blender on the ice breaking mode, but a VitaMix is great as well.)
2. Once the frozen bananas are broken into a finer powdery cream, slowly add in cake mix. You can stop every few seconds and stir and move cream around with a rubber spatula. Once mix is incorporated, slowly add in peanut butter.
3. Depending on your blender, your ice cream might be ready to eat now, but if it’s gotten soupy, place in a container and refreeze the whole mixture. We used a bread pan. Once your Nice Cream is frozen again scoop into cones or bowls and garnish with banana chips, chocolate shavings and peanuts. Yum!!!