Banana Nut Crumb Cake
This cake is BANANAS! Our ultra moist and dense Banana Nut Crumb Cake is out of control delish and pairs nicely with coffee on these early chilly fall mornings. Made with our scrumptious, fluffy Organic Vanilla Cake Mix; this Banana Nut Crumb Cake will make you sing, “B-A-N-A-N-A-S!”
Our family-friendly recipe will make you dance with excitement knowing you can bake it easy during the holidays with this clean ingredient recipe. That’s right! No artificial flavors or colors, no hydrogenated oils or trans fats. Just honest and simple ingredients. Made with our non-GMO Organic Vanilla Cake Mix, this Banana Nut Crumb Cake has the perfect amount of caramelized crunch, sprinkled with a nutty, buttery crumb topping. The perfect from scratch taste without all the junk. To top it off, a drizzle of sweet and tangy Cream Cheese frosting and rich banana flavor harmonize sweetly together.
Want more recipes you can cozy up by the fire with? Try our sweet and tropical Hummingbird Cake Batter Pancakes. Or for a little kick to mix up your morning routine, our Dirty Chai Mini Donuts will do just the trick. Now grab your favorite chunky sweater and bake it off!
- Yield: 1 9" cake
- Category: Dessert
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup banana chips (chopped)
- 1/2 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
Banana Nut Cake
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1 stick unsalted butter (melted)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1 box Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Cake Mix
Cream Cheese Drizzle
- 1 ounce cream cheese
- 1/8 cup powdered sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2-3 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9” round push-pan, springform pan, or cake pan with nonstick spray.
- Whisk together the flour, banana chips, walnuts, brown sugar, and salt. Add the melted butter and mix in until all ingredients are evenly combined and the mixture is crumbly. Set aside.
Banana Nut Cake:
- In a large bowl, use a whisk to beat the eggs until slightly paler and foamy, about 1 minute. Add the mashed banana, melted butter, milk, and walnuts and whisk in until evenly combined. Add Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Cake Mix and fold in gently just until incorporated, being careful not to overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle crumb mixture evenly on top to cover.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50-60 minutes, until top is golden-brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean or with just a few moist crumbs. Set pan on a wire rack and allow cake to cool to room temperature before removing from pan and adding cream cheese drizzle.
Cream Cheese Drizzle:
- In a small bowl, microwave the cream cheese for 5-10 seconds, just until soft enough to whisk. Whisk until fairly smooth. Add the powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and salt and whisk until smooth. Whisk in 2 teaspoons of milk, adding the remaining teaspoon if needed to make the glaze just thin enough to drizzle. Use a spoon or a piping bag fitted with a small round tip to drizzle the glaze over the cooled crumb cake. Serve.