Banana Nut Crumb Cake
(makes one 9” cake)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup banana chips, chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Banana Nut Cake
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 box Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Cake Mix
Cream Cheese Drizzle
- 1 ounce cream cheese
- 1/8 cup powdered sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 2-3 teaspoons milk
1.Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9” round push-pan, springform pan, or cake pan with nonstick spray.
- Whisk together the flour, banana chips, walnuts, brown sugar, and salt. Add the melted butter
and mix in until all ingredients are evenly combined and the mixture is crumbly. Set aside.
Banana Nut Cake:
- In a large bowl, use a whisk to beat the eggs until slightly paler and foamy, about 1 minute. Add the mashed banana, melted butter, milk, and walnuts and whisk in until evenly combined. Add Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Cake Mix and fold in gently just until incorporated, being careful not to overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle crumb mixture evenly on top to cover. Bake in preheated oven for 50-60 minutes, until top is golden-brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean or with just a few moist crumbs. Set pan on a wire rack and allow cake to cool to room temperature before removing from pan and adding cream cheese drizzle.
Cream Cheese Drizzle:
- In a small bowl, microwave the cream cheese for 5-10 seconds, just until soft enough to whisk. Whisk until fairly smooth. Add the powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and salt and whisk until smooth. Whisk in 2 teaspoons of milk, adding the remaining teaspoon if needed to make the glaze just thin enough to drizzle. Use a spoon or a piping bag fitted with a small round tip to drizzle the glaze over the cooled crumb cake. Serve.